Unique Kansas City Wedding Venue
Located in downtown Kansas City, the Midland is a unique wedding venue, blending historic elegance with modern AV and professional production capabilities. The theatre is well known for its over 500,000 feet of gold leaf, five giant Czechoslovakian hand-cut crystal chandeliers, irreplaceable art objects, and spectacular wood and plaster work.
Wedding packages include:
- Day access to venue
- Setup and cleanup of event space
- Customizable tiered main floor to accommodate 150 to 640 guests
- In-house professional production team (sound & light technicians)
- In-House theatrical lighting system, with multiple lighting designs, colors, scenes and changes during event.
- In-House concert quality sound system, microphones
- Built in Stage, for entertainment and ceremony option
- Dance floor, 1,700 sq ft.
- 60” round banquet tables, chairs, high cocktail tables and 6’ tables
- In-house event planner
- Dressing Rooms
- Iconic photo opportunities
- 16 monitors for photo loops
- Beautiful building marquee with video board message
- Full bar service and staffing
- 6,000 sq ft. Grand lobby and Mezzanine areas for cocktail receptions
- Additional event space for smaller groups includes the beautiful Chandelier Bar and Aristocrat A' List Lounge showcasing dramatic views of the city.
- Convenient complimentary garage parking
- Located within the Kansas City Power & Light District, and within walking distance from five major hotels
“I worked with Katie at The Midland for my wedding and was so impressed! As a professional event coordinator myself, I work with over 150 meeting space and hotel venues nationwide a year, and I was MORE than impressed with The Midland. It was just..... EVERYTHING, and Katie was so wonderful and fun to work with!!! HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANY WEDDING OR EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!”
– Breanne M.
“I just wanted to thank you for the most spectacular wedding reception of all time!!! You and your whole team were amazing! Flawless! Everyone there said it was the best wedding they have ever been to... the word EPIC was the most used word. Wow!”
“I dreamed of getting married at a vintage theater, and the Midland's fully-restored 1920s charm more than delivered. I'm not kidding when I say it was the first, and ONLY venue we toured in KC. Our guests were in awe from the second they arrived, and are still raving, as are we. As for service, Katie, and the entire tech crew are incredibly organized, creative and attentive. I'm a producer, and I felt like I was working a live event in every interaction with the entire team, be it via phone, email or in-person. Every question was answered, every detail reviewed. My vendors (and even our Rabbi!) were equally impressed with the Midland staff. If you're a bride on the fence, just visit, and just imagine kissing your new husband at the chandelier bar upstairs -- you will be sold on the spot. We were.”
– Ali N.